Senior Data Scientist – Business Analytics
Office Location: New York, NY
Our partnered firm is disrupting the media and entertainment industry with their approach to data gathering, analysis and analytical tool- building. Do you know the fundamentals of how to use data to make a case? If so, they need you to be a part of it! they’re providing data-driven guidance for the critical issues facing their clients. This position will develop business strategies based on deep data analytics that will drive results for clients.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Scientist’s work will include:
- Make independent, creative contributions to analysis that answer client questions and drive ROI, including building new predictive models and impactful decision-driving visualizations.
- Leverage your data science skills to support research projects for Global Media & Entertainment.
- Contribute to our data pipeline architecture including productionizing your machine learning models.
- Serve as an internal consultant in ideation and pitching of new client projects. Contributing to find best solutions for clients’ complex business problems with senior management and business development.
- Present at knowledge transfer sessions, learning from senior research staff to boost company-wide expertise in areas such as domain knowledge, soft skills, and technical abilities.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. We require applicants for this position to be able to legally work in the USA and not require H1B sponsorship.
- Master’s degree with a quantitative focus (Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, etc.) and 1 year of experience; OR 3 years of practical experience.
- Experience with statistical modeling and building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models (e.g. Classification models, linear and logistic regressions models, cluster analyses, etc.) to drive business decisions
- Time series experience (e.g. ARIMA, Panel regression, hierarchical models, etc.)
- Python, R and SQL programming experience (Minimum 3 years)
- Dashboarding experience on any platform (Tableau, Power BI, Dundas, etc.)
- Version control experience (Git)
- Experience synthesizing analytics and statistical findings into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide recommendations for high level stakeholders and clients
Nice to Haves (But not Required)
- Market research experience (especially in media & entertainment)
- NLP, Neural network experience
- Experience with quantitative analysis on alternative media (podcasts, short form videos)
- Experience working directly with clients to solve their business problems leveraging analytics
- Data engineering experience, particularly with Apache Airflow
Offering competitive compensation, medical, dental, long and short-term disability, 401k and more.
This firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.