Our client enables next-generation clinical trials through data-driven products, including its flagship product, a tech-enabled risk-based monitoring solution and a clinical operations benchmarking tool. This aggregates and delivers real-time data from disparate trial data sources, predicts issues during clinical development to mitigate trial risks, and empowers monitoring teams by visualizing critical study data. Empowering clinical teams to benchmark clinical trial performance and analyze vital indicators of trial success and failure.
About the Opportunity
Now more than ever, improving the speed and reducing the cost of drug development is a top priority for the biopharma and healthcare industry. Our client is leveraging our unique dataset and advanced analytics to do just that.
We are seeking a thoughtful hands-on Data Analyst to join their rapidly growing team in New York City headquarters. As a Data Analyst on the team, you will play a major role in defining analytics strategy and methodology, and building a culture of data-driven decision making.
The ideal candidate is insatiably curious and unafraid to ask questions; thrives on deriving insights from messy data; and is just as comfortable speaking technically with developers and engineers about data as they are digging into business questions and presenting insights to senior leaders to promote actionable change.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, analysts, and developers to identify, prioritize, and frame data and analysis requirements for deliverables that that will drive product and engineering strategy.
- Partner with Product and Commercial teams to ask and answer the most important questions with actionable data and insights.
- Compile, transform, and interpret raw data from multiple sources into accessible analytics-ready data formats using SQL, dbt and Python (as needed).
- Partner with the Engineering team to build out our proprietary clinical data model.
- Work with Data Scientists to build predictive models that inform our clinical trial risk monitoring application.
- 3+ years relevant hands-on experience in an analytical function
- Strong proficiency with SQL. Familiarity with dbt and Python is a (strong) plus
- Experience building and transforming data models (not simply writing queries)
- Experience using BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Mode, Periscope, ...
- Experience with modern data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, GCP, Databricks, …)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent field
Preferred (Nice-to-have) Qualifications
- Basic understanding of applied statistics
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems and technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.)
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, including mental health and telehealth
- Employee stock options
- Free membership to One Medical
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Flexible remote work policy
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Basic and supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Health Advocate program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare & dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Discounts on auto, home, and pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Great NYC office located in the heart of Times Square
- Team-building events and outings
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Employee referral program